Hallo! Willkommen zu Sempiternal Wanderer. Mein name ist Krishaun. :)

Re-Entry Orientation in Hamburg (Nov 20th-22nd)

By 10:00 AM , , , , , , , ,

From left to right: Conrado, Keegan, me, Gabriel, Jenny, Noah, Danielle
Three weekends ago, I had my YFU Re-entry Orientation. It was in Hamburg, which was about a three hour or so train ride from where I live. Axel took me to the train station in Gransee at 11, and I did not arrive in Hamburg until about 1 (if my memory serves me correctly). The train ride was pretty smooth. I had one stop in Berlin (tier), where I had to change trains, but that was it until I arrived in Hamburg. From Hamburg, I had to catch a bus to Lauenburg. (I'm too lazy to check and see if this is correct. Haha. I know it began with an 'L'.) 

Catching the bus was actually pretty hard for me. That's because I got lost - LOST. I originally asked a Bahn worker where I could find the bus at. He told me straight ahead and then to the left, so I went that way. But then there were so many people and because I don't normally catch the bus, the signs were seriously confusing me. So, I asked a man at the bus stop, who told me where to go, and I walked in a freaking 'U' shape until I came to another bus stop, which is when I looked at the map. I saw the number 31, which was the bus I was supposed to take, so I decided to walk until I could find that bus stop. All in all, I got a pretty rushed tour of Hamburg (very nice, by the way!) and had to ask about three people for directions before I came upon a place that was not necessarily right, but then again was not completely wrong. A woman helped me buy my ticket. Unfortunately, I got on the wrong bus after the sign showed that my bus arrived. Mine was the one literally after the one that I got on. #welldoneKrishaun

L-R: Gimena, me, Jenny, Noah, Danielle, Conrado

L-R: Conrado, Kaylee, me, Keegan, Jenny, Gabriel

Not too long after that, I walked to McDonald's because I was tired of lugging a large bag around and wanted some junk food. It's okay because I have only had McDonald's about 5 times total while in Germany. There is not one close to me, so ahah, I guess that's a part of it. Anyways, after getting food, I walked around and finally came upon the correct place o be. That is where I met Ioana, another girl with YFU. She is from Romania. As we loaded the bus, we met two more YFU girls, Kate (South Africa) and Kaylee (Canada). 

Once we arrived in Lauenburg (I'm just going with it), we signed in and were assigned to a room together. We also met three guys: Gustavo (Mexico), Ricky (Mexico), and Azande (South Africa). The YFU people gave us a tour of the hostel, and then we just sat around talking until literally everybody started pouring through the doors. I saw Keegan again, which was really nice. I miss my OSK buddies. And I met a lot of really nice people. Eventually, "der coole Tisch" was created. It is ", which is an inside joke between those of us who sat at the corner table: Gimena (Uruguay), Gabriel (Chile), Conrado (Brazil), Jenny (South Africa), Keegan (Canada), Kaylee (Canada), Noah (Texas), Danielle (Maryland), and me (Michigan). Very international, right? Aha.
 
By the time  the orientation ended, we had friends worldwide, and we had a lot of fun. Oh! And those of use non-Spanish speakers there (1% of us, haha) pledged to start learning Spanish next year, in addition to German. 
This was our first snow in Germany! November 22, 2015! We were at the Hamburg Hbf.
 
This was the goodbye song that my group wrote. It's made off of Cro's song "Bye Bye".

 photo sig1_2.png

You Might Also Like

0 comments