Hallo! Willkommen zu Sempiternal Wanderer. Mein name ist Krishaun. :)

DTW to O'Hare

By 8:41 AM , ,


Why can't I be normal? Departing from DTW, I started to think about how my parents and sister are going to leave the airport, drive back home and continue to live their daily lives. Then, the next thought was how my school my schoolmates are enjoying their summers and are preparing to enter their senior year of high school - our senior year.  Without me.  I know that school does not revolve around me being there, but I also do know how my best friend, other friends, and I always talked about how this would "our year".  Senior year was supposed to be everything.


Alas, I am here, in Germany, while everyone is back home in Michigan.  I am with my temporary host mom, dad, and sister, living a new life.  I honestly never expected to be here. Germany. What is Germany? That's how I used to think. Now, I know better. Germany is the place where I am going to learn a lot about a new culture, learn a new language, mature, become more independent, meet new friends, and hopefully find out who I really want to be in life. (Btw: this experience makes my senior year so much more awesome if that was interpreted any other way. Haha. It's just different than I expected.)



Sometimes I wonder why I am so anxious to get out and explore. It seems like I am at the phase in my life where I just want to go, go, go. Last summer, I jetted off to Stanford University for two months. This year, well, actually now, I  am in Germany for double that time plus one (i.e. 5 months and some days). Next year, I am considering taking a year off from university to volunteer abroad or do a semester at sea.  I guess that's why this blog is called Sempiternal Wanderer. I want to wander, explore, and discover as long as I live.  Considering that I am only seventeen, I'd say that I am off to a pretty good start.

I think I've digressed enough. The point of this post is so that I can pretty much word vomit about how although I am missing the beginning of my senior year (gah!), I am being awarded the chance of a lifetime to do something that not a lot of high school students can. Sure, I might be sad for a bit; I might miss my "normal" life in a way, but this is only the beginning. I can foreshadow my time here, and I think it is going to be a good one. There is so much to do, so much to see, so many people to meet. So, hm...I guess it isn't too bad of a thing that I am not as normal as I once wished. Oh well. #wandererforthewin 

 photo sig1_2.png

You Might Also Like

0 comments