Hallo! Willkommen zu Sempiternal Wanderer. Mein name ist Krishaun. :)

Eine Bootstour und Döner

By 5:42 AM , , , , ,


My time here in Germany is seriously flying by. I cannot believe that it is now October, and I have officially been in Germany for two months. The memory of me packing and hanging out with my family is still really vivid; it seems like it was just last week. But at the same time, it feels like I've been in Germany forever. Well, that's if you ignore the language fact.

But speaking of learning the language: I am really proud of myself. Lately, I have been able to understand more and more. Every night, I have been studying German and practicing it. While being able to talk with native speakers is beyond a doubt helpful (I mean, how else would I know that you pronounce nie like "ney" instead of "knee".), I am still an independent learner through and through. I have to be able to take my time and process things; it helps me a lot when I am able to know why I say something a certain way.


 


Right now, I am a bit anxious about next week. On Monday, I have a Bioligie (yes, that's the German spelling; I didn't forget my English) presentation for five minutes...in German. Yes, I am here in Germany to learn German, but I do not know how the heck I am going to present for that long in a language that I am just now really beginning to understand. Oh mein Gott. Ich habe Angst. Also, on Thursday, I believe I have a history presentation on Hitler. I had no idea about that until today because last Thursday I was sick, and yesterday, History was canceled. #totallyprepared

This is the view from Berliner Tor!








This is real sheep hair!








Aside from all of the school stuff, I have been seeing quite a lot. Last weekend, my host-family and I went around Templin. On Saturday, my host-mom, sister, and I went for a walk around Templin. It's such a historical town. First, we went to the Berliner Tor (and now that I know what 'Tor' means, this makes so much sense. It's the Berlin Gate.). After dealing with an extremely rude worker, we made our way to the top, and the view was good. We were able to see quite far into the Stadt. Next, we went to a Kirche (church) called Maria-Magdalenen-Kirche. For a 2 Euro fee per person, we all climbed to the top of the church. It was an extremely steep hike, but worth it for the beautiful view. (No, seriously, it was gorgeous. I love this area of Bradenburg because of all of the water.)

The is the view from the church.






On Sunday, Leoni, my host-mom, and I went to take a boat tour. It was really cold, but nice. I was able to get some nice photos from that on my camera. On the tour, I had a Fanta and Bratwurst. Yum. I love German sausages. They're so dang good.







And now we're here: it's Friday. I just ate a Döner, so I am really happy right now. Bis später! (P.S. I wrote this yesterday, so...ja. It's Saturday now.)



 photo sig1_2.png

You Might Also Like

0 comments