Hallo! Willkommen zu Sempiternal Wanderer. Mein name ist Krishaun. :)

Scavenger Hunt in München

By 11:47 AM , , , , ,

(This was written a week ago.)


Heute (August 13th) war sehr spaß. Today was very fun. My OLC group and I went to München today for a scavenger hunt. It resembled the one that we had in Schwabmünchen, but only much larger. My team (C) was Keegan, Fabian, Alexandra, and me. Team A was Tamara, Elsa, Savannah, Paula, and Muriel's cousin (oops! I forget her name). Team B was Asad, Daelin, Simone, Rebecca, and Shaurya.

To start off this post, I feel like I should reflect upon how I took the wrong train this morning and got lost in Kaufering, Germany. Well, not lost lost. The train was going in the right direction as Schwabmünchen, so I assumed that it'd stop there, but alas, it didn't. I did not really freak out; I was just really anxious about what would happen so that I could go to Munich. In the end, Muriel and her cousin came to pick me up, and we took the train to Munich together. 







 
Despite the fact that we all had Bahn cards (for the subway and bus), none of us used them while on the Rallye, which was pretty foolish. The guys were in such a rush to beat one another, we traveled by foot around the city. One of our tasks consisted of buying a pretzel and trading with three random people. We traded our pretzel with a couple who happened to live in Schwabmünchen. They gave us 2 Euros. We then traded those 2 Euros for a pen and then a tomato. Things got weird really fast.




Team B and C eventually met up and attempted to race to meet Thekla and Dominque and Muriel. However, Alexandra and I refused to run. Especially when we went uphill to a horribly large mountain that we assumed was the Chinese Tower. That was pretty bad. But once we all found our teachers, we got something to drink and then eventually left to go to the bus. But, the agreement was not so clear, and some people wanted to catch the bus and the others (like me) wanted to go to the river. (Speaking of the river, there were a lot of nude people. There were small children there!) In the long run, we all went to the river.



When we were finished with that, we took the Bus and then the U-Bahn (underground train). It was pretty interesting.  The only problem that I had the entire day was that my foot started to cramp at the end of the Rallye. Now, my foot is in major pain, and I don't know what the heck happened. 

Once the Rallye was over, we all took platform 29 back to Buchloe (where I go) and then Schwabmünchen. I would have stayed in Buchloe, but my host mom was still working, my host dad was taking his test, and Amelie is not even in town. So, I went back to Tamara's (Elsa) and stayed there until about 7:30, when my host mom came to pick me up. For dinner there, we had Wurstsalat (my favorite Bavarian food!). I also had it for lunch. Yum. 

 photo sig1_2.png

You Might Also Like

0 comments