Hallo! Willkommen zu Sempiternal Wanderer. Mein name ist Krishaun. :)

Ice Cream in Buchloe

By 12:01 PM , , ,


Sunday was a pretty relaxing day. I did not wake up until about noon, and once I did, I went downstairs to find Ami outside with breakfast.  We sat out there, her on her laptop, me grubbing. It was really peaceful. I ate pretzels with Nutella, raspberries, and tomatoes. I drank orange juice.  The atmosphere was very peaceful; I love warm mornings in nature. While we sat outside, Ami's mom eventually came out and we chatted for a while before she had to go and pick up her dad.

After Mrs. Gruẞl left, Ami and I stayed outside for a long time on our laptops. I finished filling out the Common Application, writing a blog post, and reading the news. We listened to rock music he entire time on a low volume, which was really cool. I finally found someone who enjoys that genre of music, like me. Haha. I eventually went back up to my bedroom so that I could get my book that I purchased at Chicago O'Hare: Paper Towns. It. is. such. a. good. book. It is so quotable, haha.

I eventually went back inside of the house so that I could make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. (Turns out, the rumors are a lie. Germany does have peanut butter, however, they do not have graham crackers or Chex cereal, which is what I would have need to make puppy chow. Boo.) Then, Ami and I went to the basement, which is where her room is, and we watched Mockingjay Pt. 1 with Deutsch subtitles. After that movie ended, we watched Pitch Perfect in English and had a mini-singalong. After we finished that movie, I pulled Pitch Perfect 2 up on my laptop (which was surprisingly so easy for a free version). We watched that until it was time for dinner. For dinner, we had barbecue, which was beyond amazing. Germans sure know how to barbecue. Haha. I had a wiener, three pieces of zucchini (yum!), and potatoes. I never imagined that I would enjoy Zucchini, but I do. I also tried Aueergime, but I did not really favor that. I also drank a lot of Sprite; maybe I should switch to Wasser soon? (Water, btw)

After dinner, I helped clean up and then we Skyped with my family back home. It was nice to be able to see my parents, sister, and Granny again.  Also, my sister's friend was over, and I got the chance to finally meet her.  The schedule that we have is to skype every Sunday. I think that will be nice: start and end every week with a chat with my parents.

Soon after we Skyped, Ami and her mom helped me fill out necessary stuff that I needed to get to the OSK/OLC (language orientation). For instance, my train ticket. Yesterday, Ami took me to the train station and we traveled for about ten minutes before arriving in Schwabmünchen, where we met up with Elsa and her host family to walk for about 2.5 km (~1 mile) to the OLC.

Once we finished filling out all of the necessary documents, Ami, her mom, her dad, I took a bottle of wine to a neighbor because it was his birthday. I think that is a very nice and genuine thing to do. Back in Michigan, we don't even know our neighbor's birthdays, nor do we take them a gift. (Funny story: apparently 'gift' means 'poison' in German. Hahaha.) Then, after chatting for a bit, we all went to Buchloe, got ice cream (I got vanilla), and walked around town. Buchloe is a nice, quaint town.  When we were about to leave and go back home, we ran into Ami's dad's old colleague, and it was quite awkward on my behalf.  I could not understand anything, and nobody spoke to me, so I stood there and awkwardly smiled. Hehe.



Finally, we returned home, and Ami and I watered all of the plants, which proved to be a lot harder in the dark. Hey, at least I can tell my Granny when I get back home that I helped to keep up a garden. For the rest of the night, Ami and I finished watching Pitch Perfect 2, which, ironically, ended up being the USA vs. Germany. Cool stuff. 

 photo sig1_2.png

You Might Also Like

0 comments