Hallo! Willkommen zu Sempiternal Wanderer. Mein name ist Krishaun. :)

Erster Schultag (First Day of German High School)

By 1:36 PM , , ,



Today was my first day at school in Germany. It was actually both mine and Leoni's first day. We were really nervous this weekend about starting. After all, she was leaving her old friends and starting anew at a new school, and I was going to a school that spoke an entirely different language! But now, we are both at ease, I would say. A little, at least.

We woke up at 6 AM and got ready for today. We already had our outfits planned out because we did that last night while "watching" Sinister in Deutsch, but neither of us could really focus.  Instead, she painted my nails and then went to take a shower, while I started figuring out my outfit. Anyways, I'mm digressing. This morning, I kept waking up before I had to get up because of my nerves. I had no idea what to expect. We left the house at 7:30 and biked to our school. Along the way, we met one of Leoni's friends who also transferred. (A lot of students actually transferred because they wanted a longer time in high school to prepare for their future plans. This is called a gymnasium.)

When we first arrived at school, we had to lock up our bikes. Then, we went to the main entrance (which is more like a side entrance) and met up with some people that Leoni knew. At about 8:25, we all went inside and "Schule" began. We pretty much did ice-breakers (that was pretty hard for me because I understood nothing; however, one of Leoni's friends speaks fluent English, and she helped translate for me; Leoni helped as well). The tutor for our class (11th + 12th graders have tutors to help them prepare for exams because these years are really hard) even introduced me to the class, which was a bit embarrassing, but it was nice. :)


During school, we also received our schedules. I was pretty confused at first, but now I understand it well. On Monday, I will have English for the first two hours (class begins at 7;25), have two hours off, then math for two hours, and then biology for two hours (ends at 2:35). Then, on Tuesday, I have English for the first two hours as well, and then a two hour break, and then I'll have Economics for two hours, and my last class of te day will be German. On Wednesday, things will get funny. I have music for the first two hours, and then sports fo three hours (what the heck!?), and French for my last hour (ends at 12:30).  On Thursday, I will have Economics for the first two hours in the morning, and then an unknown class for two hours, and then German for two hours, and then Biology again for two hours. Finally, on Friday, I will have Physics for two hours, French for two hours, Math for twohours, and then Politcs for the last hour (ends at 1:45). 

I think that I'll get a little spoiled with the breaks and the various hours of school ending for me. 
Today, school lasted until 12:10, or something like that. After we left, Leoni and I went to a supermarket, and I bought some lotion, noodles, and Tobasco sauce. When we got home, I was nearly dying because it was super hot today (almost 35 degrees - Celsius, which is about 90 Farenheit), and I hadn't rode a bike in about a week that strenously. Hahah. #gettingfit, eh?

I'm kind of nervous to see how tomorrow plays out because of my non-Deustch speaking skills, as well as the fact that 11th and 12th grade are super hard here. Meh. I'll see.
 photo sig1_2.png

You Might Also Like

0 comments