Hallo! Willkommen zu Sempiternal Wanderer. Mein name ist Krishaun. :)

YFU Weihnactstreffen and Oranienburg Weihnachtsmarkt

By 10:00 AM , , , , , , ,


This past Saturday, I had my YFU Weihnachtstreffen in Michendorf. Initially, I was not super excited to go because I wanted to be lazy and lay around all day. But I am really glad that I went! It's always fun meeting up with other exchange students. While you have friends where you live, there is nothing like being able to talk to other exchange students. 
At the meeting, we talked about our experience (good and bad), sang (boo!), and gave a presentation to the parents and siblings about how our countries celebrate Christmas. It was interesting. I am always nervous when I have to speak German in front of a lot of people. Considering that I was the only one (I believe) who has been learning German for such a short amount of time (most people have been learning for 2 years), I was seriously freaking out. It's really intimidating because it makes me feel like I should be so much better. People keep saying that I speak well considering the fact that I have only been learning for four months. When I think about it like that, then it makes sense. 
For the meeting, everyone had to make food from where they come from. I made taco salad. Although I am not from Mexico, Mexican food is my favorite, and I eat it a lot back home, so I made it. It was a big hit. Literally everything was gone by the time we were leaving. Although I was happy that people loved it, I was a little sad too because I wanted to take some home. Ahah. #spoiledlife Other foods were really delicious! Or, should I say sweet. Ever since I came to Germany, it seems like I can eat more sweets than ever. Back in Michigan, I had to be in the mood for something sweet (excluding macaroons because I can eat those whenever). 
Leaving the meeting, a new friend of mine, TAM (her nickname because her real name is too hard), came back with us. She comes from Thailand and has been learning German for - like I said earlier - two years. She speaks really well. I honestly love TAM. She is so high-spirited and silly, and those are the type of friends that I like. And it's really funny how quickly exchange students can become friends and act like they've known each other for longer. Axel even asked us later if we met before, and we were both like, "noooope." It's also a really cool thing how TAM lives in Templin, which is only 20 minutes or so away from where I say, which is beyond awesome!
TAM and I went to the Oranienburg Weihnachtsmarkt with my host parents. It was really fun. The Weihnachtsmarkt was not very big, but with a friend, it's always fun. We bought cotton candy, or should I say zuckerwatte. We had no idea what it was called before ordering, but TAM looked it up finally. We were planning on asking: "Können wir cotton candy bitte haben?" Hahah. I wanted Mandeln (Almonds) also, but it did not look that appetizing there, so I didn't buy any.
During the evening, TAM and I took so many pictures. SELFIE. 
After the Weihnachtsmarkt, we all went back to my host family's house. TAM stayed for two hours, and we watched KPop videos and hilarious videos by nigahiga.  Eventually, around 8, Axel and I drove TAM to the train station down the street from the house. 
I cannot wait to meet up with her again. We're planning to go to Berlin sometime during the Weihnachtsferien, which begins in two weeks and some days. 

 photo sig1_2.png

You Might Also Like

0 comments